HR Business Partner
The HRBP will work within a national team of HR Business Partners, aligning the HR function to the needs of the clusters. This role will take the HR lead for some of the fee earning clusters.
The role can be based either in Leeds or Bristol.
- Understand business drivers and challenges within the cluster to ensure that HR advice and practice are aligned to business issues and objectives (e.g. reward policies meet the needs of the cluster and are implemented in a consistent way, training and development needs are identified and actioned).
- Influence key business decisions to ensure the pragmatic application of best practice in people management.
- Support the business in identifying and developing high potential/ performing individuals, and ensure a succession pipeline is in place for leadership roles
- Take the HR lead in cluster projects and change programmes (including business acquisition and integration exercises) ensuring that objectives are achieved and business benefits realised.
- Lead on attraction and retention strategies.
- Use HR management information and other data to identify people risks and trends which affect business performance and work with stakeholders to implement appropriate and timely solutions, maximising performance and utilisation.
- Coach, support, mentor and challenge managers in the application of HR policies and procedures, providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues in order to minimise risk and financial exposure.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally qualified to a minimum of degree level or equivalent with previous experience of operating at a HR Business Partner (or comparable) level, preferably within professional services (especially in the legal sector), financial or commercial environment.
- Proven track record of providing robust HR advice to senior levels.
- Commercial awareness, including an understanding of the drivers of business performance and the ability to provide commercially viable and creative solutions in a timely manner.
- A pragmatic approach to applying HR technical expertise and knowledge to a range of business problems.
- The ability to build influential relationships with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise effectively
- A client service-focused approach.
- Team oriented and collaborative with a flexible, can do attitude.
- Flexibility to work from other office locations.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com