HR Assistant (Payroll) - Bristol
DAC Beachcroft is looking to recruit an HR Assistant (Payroll) to join our busy HR and Payroll Team in Bristol. You will support the Payroll in Manager in maintaining and administering all key variable Payroll information as well as resolving any employee payroll queries as required.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the HR Assistant (Payroll) will undertake the following key responsibilities:
- Data maintenance and/or checking all key variable payroll information in the core HR system iTrent, and from the benefits platform Darwin, for starters, leavers and changes
- Ensure that all payroll process checking and validation procedures are adhered to on a monthly basis
- Continuous review, check and audit of reports and processes in relation to monthly payroll cycle. Including but not limited to month on month analysis, payroll ledger postings, starter / leaver checking, ensuring legislative and award compliance (tax etc.)
- Input P45s, check tax code changes, check absence adjustments, run PSA reports, process KIT day payments, run NMW checks and import bonus data
- Provide international payroll information
- Support the timely resolution of employee and partner queries in relation to pay and drawings
- Year End – support the collation of all data required for the creation and submission of P11D, P60’s and PAYE settlements. Support process with outsourced supplier
- Support work in relation to Payroll and the wider HR team such as roll out of new services, upgrades and implementation of new processes
- Manage confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols
- Work closely with the HR Service Desk and HR Systems and Data team to ensure data is accurately maintained, and support on other tasks as requested by the Payroll Manager or Head of HR Operations
The Ideal Candidate
You will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Payroll qualification preferred (e.g. CIPP) but not essential
- IT literacy is required, and preferably with an understanding of payroll and benefits systems
- Attention to detail and analytical skills, especially numeracy skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Ability to create and update policies and procedures
- An approachable, customer-focused style
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org