Group Tax Assistant
We are currently recruiting a Group Tax Assistant to join our Newport team. This role would involve remote working initially and then a mixture of working from home and working in our Newport office. So the Group Tax Assistant will need to be at a commutable distance from our Newport office.
Office hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00
The ideal candidate will be IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel as well as great communication and interpersonal skills. This role would suit someone with previous experience of personal and partnership taxation in a compliance capacity.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation, for review by the Group Tax Accountant, and filing of self-assessment tax returns for individual partners, liaising with HMRC and partners as required. This includes the collection of information relating to partners personal tax affairs.
- Dealing with all HMRC correspondence, ensuring all UK tax payments are made
- Preparing proof of income letters and SA302s for members when required
- Personal tax admin
- Analysis of tax sensitive data for the UK LLP entities.
- Adhoc personal tax projects
The Ideal Candidate
- A background and knowledge of personal and partnership taxation in a compliance capacity.
- Able to communicate confidently both orally and in writing at all levels in a clear, straightforward manner.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well within a team environment.
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel to an advanced level.
- IT literate with a good knowledge of current accounting system technology.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism and accuracy in work.
- Effective time management and the ability to be flexible in terms of a changing environment and constantly-changing workload.
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience of working with the Elite accounting system and tax software (Digita) would be an advantage.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We also appeared in the list of Top 30 flexible, family- friendly employers in 2020. We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com