Group Financial Accountant - Bristol
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a Group Financial Accountant into our Finance team in Bristol.
The Group Financial Accountant role reports into the Head of Group Financial Reporting and Control, in the Group Finance Reporting & Control team.
Group Finance Reporting & Control is responsible for the consolidation of group results, financial reporting to the Board and banks, management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, statutory reporting, treasury, cash flow management, working capital analysis, management of processes and procedures, Group financial policies, and risk management.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Preparation of consolidated year end statutory accounts in accordance with UK GAAP and for foreign branches and subsidiaries in local GAAP.
- Liaising with external auditors as the key contact during annual audit with provision of information and completion of statutory accounts
- Assisting the Tax and Reserves team in the cost allocation and transfer pricing arrangements, and managing the invoicing of recharged costs across the Group entities
- Organisation of, and preparation for, subsidiary board meetings
- Preparation and maintenance of key financial documents, such as the Group Accounting Policies and Group Levels of Authority
- Assisting in the preparation of materials for the LLP Board and Audit Committee meetings
- Managing the day-to-day cash requirements across the Group, and the rolling monthly cash flow forecast, leading to the reporting of Group Net Debt
- Ensuring compliance with the restrictive covenants under the Group financing arrangements
- Managing other treasury arrangements, such as the intercompany balances, foreign currency arrangements and subsidiary dividend declarations
- Managing external reporting requirements such as the submission of Payment Practices
- Dealing with ad hoc queries from the business
- Assisting with ad hoc tasks and projects as delegated by the Chief Financial Officer / Head of Group Financial Reporting and Control
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA), post qualification experience desirable
- Experienced in preparing financial statements
- Strong skills in Excel are required
- Able to communicate confidently orally and in writing.
- Able to be flexible in terms of a changing environment and constantly-changing workload
- IT literate with working knowledge of MS Windows applications. Experience of working with 3E would be a distinct advantage
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well within a team environment.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com