Graduate Paralegal - Motor Insurance (Credit Hire and Injury teams)
Due to the national success of the team we are looking to recruit to a number of positions within our credit hire team and motor injury team (insurance).
At DAC Beachcroft our international and UK teams of lawyers and advisors work with clients across a range of industry sectors and are market-leaders in the insurance, health and real estate industries.
Our market leading credit hire and injury teams work with over 40 insurance companies and self-insured corporates.
The team has a progressive approach and a market leading reputation for not simply tackling litigation, but also for tracking and analysing behaviours and trends with a view to providing our clients with bespoke strategies and analysis of changing market behaviours.
The team deals with credit hire, vehicle damage and injury claims of all values and complexities.
Why Join our team?
This is a great opportunity to start your legal career in our team. You do not have to have prior experience as a paralegal or a legal qualification in order to apply.
This role is offered under the job title Paralegal to reflect the level of work you would be undertaking as part of the team.
Successful candidates will undergo a comprehensive training program to give you the knowledge to succeed.
We also actively encourage and support professional funding for further qualification such as CILEx or to qualify as a solicitor. DAC Beachcroft also offers training contracts to internal candidates in some locations.
Given the size of the team and number of clients we work with there is also a real ongoing opportunity for continued growth and career development.
Progression can either be by technical development, building client relationships and/or progression to supervisor or managerial role.
If you have any questions about the role or about your application please also feel free to email email@example.com
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of volume litigated credit hire and motor injury cases.
Successful candidates will:
- Be responsible for a varied caseload of litigated or pre litigated work with an appropriate level of supervision.
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements.
- To record timely and accurate management information.
- To hit their individual financial targets (which are set based upon work type, charging basis and experience).
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days).
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
All relevant experience in similar roles or areas of practice is desirable but not essential and we are happy to hear from graduates who feel they would be a good fit.
- IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own time, recognise what's a time pressure, what's important and when to ask for help.
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify what is not right/out of the ordinary.
- Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also know when is it worth pursuing it.
- Interpersonal skills – The ability to get on with a team, speak to a customer on the phone and meet a client.
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.