Finance Systems Defect & Configuration Manager
DAC Beachcroft LLP are currently recruiting for a Finance Systems Defect and Configuration Manager to join their Finance team. The Finance Systems Defect and Configuration Manager will report to the Finance Systems & Business Intelligence Manager.
This role will involve working closely with the Finance Operations Process Manager with regards to process improvement to ensure alignment to best working practices of the core 3E system.
As well as working with and alongside the Finance Projects and Systems Relationship Manager and IT on system upgrades and testing on relevant environments: Ensuring that the Finance team is ready and prepared for any system changes, upgrades, testing and deployments
The ideal candidate will have experience with Azure DevOps, or similar software, for tracking Defects, Changes and Testing. As well as the ability to produce high quality defect MI and documentation via Azure DevOps, or similar software
- Controlling the updates to the core configuration settings to establish and maintain the integrity of the 3E system
- Ownership and management of the defect process ensuring all defects are tracked, controlled and managed effectively through their lifecycle
- Ownership of the Finance Change Management Database
- Plan and manage configuration changes related to defect remediation and business process change throughout the system lifecycle
- Oversee the daily management and control of configuration items performed by the Functional Support team members
- Chair Finance change board (Finance CAB), ensuring Quorum is represented and that the agreed change review process is applied.
- Preparation of Change Control Requests in relation to promotion to the IT CAB following Finance CAB review.
- Plan and manage the migration of configuration from 3E test instances to production (for example interest rate updates)
- Maintain appropriate documentation on the configuration process
- Ensure that the Finance Systems and IT teams agree and follow the defined configuration management processes.
- Main escalation point for defects raised by Finance or the wider business through the Functional Support team members to decide best course of action for resolution
- Definition, ownership and management of the defect process, from initiation of an incident through effective triage, handovers to IT and / or third party suppliers to ensuring successful retest and deployment of any configuration or code changes
- Ensuring all defects are entered into a defect management database correctly and controlled / managed as effectively as possible through their lifecycle
- Maintaining absolute integrity of the defect database and ensuring a full audit trail for any changes made to the status of defects
- Create and publish regular defect reports and metrics to inform on progress and health of the system under use
- Review defect statuses and progress with the relevant Finance teams, IT teams and third party suppliers (e.g. TRE), escalating any issues with suppliers to the Finance Projects and Systems Relationship Manager where appropriate
- Effective control, prioritisation and reporting on development or enhancement requests to be submitted to the Finance CAB or IT CAB, ensuring appropriate
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with Azure DevOps, or similar software, for tracking Defects, Changes and Testing
- Ability to produce high quality defect MI and documentation via Azure DevOps, or similar software
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous projects and tasks concurrently
- Excellent communication, whether orally or written, and presentation skills, able to present complex ideas in a clear, straightforward manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in conducting full root cause analysis on high severity defects and drive forward mitigating actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Experience of running a Change Authority Board (CAB) or a change control process
- Ability to understand and document business requests for change and to challenge where appropriate
- Demonstrate compliance with our values of being clear, creative, determined and supportive
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org