Finance Business Partner for Business Services
The successful candidate will provide support to some of the administrative functions of the Firm, or Business Services, applying financial knowledge and expertise to help various Business Services stakeholders manage their budgets. The role will report into the Head of Group Financial Reporting and Control.
- Providing timely, relevant and robust analysis
- Providing analysis and support to Project Managers
- Advising and challenging, where appropriate, in order to add value in terms of the analysis and commentary produced
- Communicating and translating complex financial ideas
- Providing analysis and information to the Finance Business Partner for Business Services on a timely basis for their month-end reporting to the Group Finance Director, COO and Business Services Executive
- Work alongside Group Assistant Accountants to ensure correct accounting for both business as usual and individual projects
- Work with Project Managers on preparation and review of Business Cases
- Understand the business needs for individual projects in order to support appropriate costing
- Provide input to Project Boards and the overall Steering Committee
- Develop post implementation review analysis
Budgeting and forecast preparation
- Support of Business Services areas with regards to budgeting and forecasting, including rolling forecasting, particularly for projects
- Provision of basic finance training to non-Finance staff
Ad hoc analysis as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA)
- Experience of project cost accounting is desirable
- Strong finance and analytical skills, including experience of providing monthly management accounts and value adding commentary
- Strong and confident communication skills, both orally and in writing, with the ability to interact with senior members of the business
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to convey complex financial and accounting concepts in a clear and straight forward manner
- The ability to add value and build strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the firm
- The ability to work collaboratively with the business and challenge where appropriate
- Experience in budgeting and forecasting discussions with senior business managers is desirable
- Experience of Finance Business Partnering gained in a professional services environment within a large finance function would be an advantage
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.