Finance Business Intelligence Analyst
DAC Beachcroft LLP are currently recruiting for a Finance Business Intelligence to join their finance team in Bristol, though the role will initially be remote working from home.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00 (35 hours)
The Finance Business Intelligence Analyst will report to the Finance Business Intelligence Manager, supporting the existing Finance BI Analyst. The Finance BI Analysts role will encompass providing technical support with regards reporting for the rest of Finance to ensure maximum efficiency; report writing and technical support for the rest of the business as a whole including external clients.
The ideal candidate will have previous finance experience with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office. SQL and Power BI knowledge is preferred but not essential.
- Point of contact for the team for reporting requirements
- Ability to work on a broad portfolio of delivery, ad hoc requests, and data requirements that support broader business activity, managing their own work through the agreed systems.
- Create and maintain Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
- Maintain tabular model security and create new models.
- Process mapping of existing procedures; updating in Visio as per department standard; ongoing checking of mapping and amending / maintaining following system changes; mapping new procedures as required
- Liaising and maintaining an excellent working relationship with IT to ensure standardisation across the business with regards development and implementation of reports
- Working with key stakeholders (eg practice managers, CSG Ops managers) to ensure their financial reporting requirements are developed and maintained
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous Finance experience is highly desirable.
- Quality oriented with a focused customer service approach
- Must be highly organised with the ability to effectively manage a constantly changing workload under pressure, meeting demanding processing targets and adhering to service standards
- Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative with a pro-active and flexible approach with and a good eye for detail, excellent communication and numeracy skills
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, specifically excel.
- SQL knowledge preferred but not essential
- Power Bi knowledge preferred but not essential
24 days holiday (excluding public holidays)
Option to buy and sell holidays
Pension scheme (5% firm contribution, 4% employer contribution)
Private medical insurance
Group income protection
Access to Wellbeing hub- Employee Assistance Programme Offering confidential 24 hour support, advice and information on a range of issues
Access to Nudge, a financial educational tool
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.