DAC Beachcroft LLP are currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst to support the Finance Business Partnering team with providing financial reporting, planning and analysis deliverables to a number of different stakeholders from Fee Earners to Practice Management.
This vacancy is a 6 month fixed term contract.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00 (35 hours)
The Finance Analyst's role will involve covering the ordinary responsibilities of an Assistant Finance Analyst as well as Finance Business Partnering during the implementation of a new Practice Management System. The Finance Analyst will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) with post qualification experience. The ideal candidate will have intermediate to advanced Excel skills (preferably up to macro level) and experience of Finance Business Partnering gained in a professional services environment within a large finance function would be an advantage.
- Running and distributing the weekly utilisation report (Excel-based model)
- Review of month end reports and reconciliations and compilation of month end Cluster Packs (Excel based) for distribution to Budget Holders/Practice Management
- Maintaining Timekeeper targets in Elite (Practice Management System)
- Fielding queries related to reports issued by FBP team as well as queries on Timekeeper Targets
- Supporting Finance Business Partners, Finance Management and Practice Management with ad hoc requests and providing timely, relevant and robust analysis and data to the Business.
- Liaising within Finance and across Business Services to solve issues and obtain relevant data
- Undertake any training required, e.g. as a user of the new PMS
- Support FBP team with re-build/re-mapping of reports following implementation of new PMS
- Any other tasks as required by the Finance Business Partnering team, including pricing, client profitability and lateral hire analysis
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) with post qualification experience
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills (preferably up to macro level)
- Experience of Finance Business Partnering gained in a professional services environment within a large finance function would be an advantage
- Strong and confident communication skills, both orally and in writing, with the ability to interact with senior members of the business
- Strong finance and analytical skills, including experience of providing monthly management accounts and value adding commentary
- Organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Able to demonstrate flexibility in their working style
- Able to absorb information quickly
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.