Fee Earner - Organised Fraud
Our award-winning Organised Fraud team are now accepting applications from enthusiastic fee-earners who are looking to build an exciting career.
Further information about this exciting opportunity is below:
After a period of consolidation in the counter-fraud market, this is an exciting time for the Organised Fraud Team as we are experiencing growth in our instructions. Currently the team has one partner and one associate with a further seven lawyers, working alongside one of the largest Intelligence Teams in the country. Our Organised Fraud Team is based in Birmingham.
The work includes:-
- Phantom Passengers
- Contrived Claims
- Semi-staged / Staged Claims
- Exaggerated Claims
- Organised (Ringed) Fraud
The team is an award-winning team, including picking up the prestigious "Claims Partner of the Year" at the Insurance Times Awards 2018 for the team’s work on Operation Tiny. It has a reputation for not only defending the claims themselves (the main aim is full repudiation), but also for proactively tackling those organisations and professional enablers behind the claims, particularly for organised fraud. The team adopts a collaborative approach where both reactive and proactive investigation is promoted, working hand in hand with our clients and agencies such as IFED and the new Regional Fraud teams.
Our investigative work has resulted in a number of outstanding successes for our clients: findings of fraud in civil courts, cases which are being developed for contempt proceedings, and, where a police referral has been made, sentences handed down in successful criminal prosecutions. The success of the team is due to innovative legal strategies and the use of sophisticated analysis, such as telecommunications work, to ensure the insurance fraud industry is equipped to combat these claims.
- Handling a varied caseload of pre-litigated and litigated claims (depending on experience), with an appropriate level of supervision
- Supporting the more experienced fee earners in the team on the more complex or larger fraud cases
- Acting as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Ensuring full compliance with clients' SLAs and DAC Beachcroft's internal protocols
- Demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files
- Achieving annual fee targets and hitting 1440 chargeable hours per year
- Supporting marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Building an awareness of the Firm's other services, developing effective internal and external networks
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and meeting Solicitors Regulatory Authority CPD requirements, where necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced fee earner (Paralegal/Litigation Executive, Legal Executive or Solicitor), preferably with a strong litigation background gained within a personal injury environment
- Knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules
- Expertise in fraud is beneficial, but not essential, as the successful candidate will be fully trained in dealing with fraud cases
- Confident negotiator and communicator
- First class investigation and analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision, but also a team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particularly in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team
- A commercial perspective on legal issues
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com