Fee Earner - Disease
The Glasgow Claims Solutions team are looking to recruit an enthusiastic new team member who has experience of handling industrial disease claims. The ideal candidate will have previous experience of disease-related claims.
We are now accepting applications from experienced paralegals, who are looking develop an ambitious career within a supportive team and growing firm.
- A paralegal, legal executive or solicitor with up to 2 years + PQE working within the defender industrial disease claims team.
- You will be working in a team of around 5 fee earners who work exclusively on defended claims. The team is within a wider office that handles a variety of claims and legal issues.
- Your case load will be made up of pre litigated industrial disease claims. The team handles a broad profile of cases including Noise Induced Hearing Loss (""NIHL") asbestos related injuries, , Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome ("HAVS") and claims involving the Control of Hazardous Substance Regulations ("COSHH"). You may also be asked to assist our more senior lawyers on more complex disease cases
- You will work for a mixture of insurer clients and self-insured companies which instruct us directly.
- You shall exercise full compliance with DAC Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
- Aim to achieve a minimum budgeted annual target of 1440 chargeable hours per year and also achieve a billing target commensurate with your role and client fee scale.
- As part of your role you may be asked to support marketing and business development activity within the team. This will include meeting clients, attending training sessions and marketing events.
- As part of your role you will be asked to build an awareness of DAC Beachcroft's other services and to maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- As part of your role you will be asked to maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and where necessary exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will also be expected to meet the following criteria:
- A paralegal , legal executive or solicitor with a keen interest and proven ability in disease claims.
- The preferred candidates shall have up to 2 years’ experience in handling disease claims at a litigated stage.
- Be able to build good relationships within the team and also with our commercial/insurer client.
- An awareness of management information, client driven KPI's and their importance to meeting client expectations would be preferable.
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues.
- Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial (or pragmatic) perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications and your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org