Fee Earner - Credit Hire
Our credit hire team works with over 40 insurance companies and self-insured corporates. The team deals with all aspects of defendant credit hire dispute resolution, providing an end to end solution. The team also provides pre-emptive advice on these issues whilst also assisting clients formulate their own strategies.
The team deals with credit hire claims from small track to multi track including fraudulent credit hire claims. Our team will also deal with liability, indemnity and associated losses including personal injury, credit repair and diminution.
The team has a progressive approach and a market leading reputation for not simply tackling the claims themselves from a litigation perspective, but also for tracking and analysing behaviours and trends with a view to providing insurers with bespoke strategies and changing market behaviours.
Why join our credit hire team?
Given the size of the team and number of clients we work with there is a real opportunity for growth and development. Progression can either be by technical development, building client relationships and/or progression to supervisor or managerial role.
We also actively encourage and support professional funding for further qualification such as Cilex or to qualify as a solicitor.
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of volume litigated credit hire cases.
Our team members are expected to:
- Handle their own caseload of defendant credit hire matters at all stages of the litigation process and work within an appropriate level of supervision to:
- Negotiate settlement with third parties within agreed levels of authority.
- Advise clients, customers and brokers on prospects of success.
- Draft accurately; advice, Court documents and correspondence.
- Advocate via telephone.
- Briefing counsel for hearings and trial.
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements.
- To record timely and accurate management information.
- To hit their individual financial targets (which are set based upon work type, charging basis and experience).
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience. Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days).
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
- You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience of handling a caseload which includes; credit hire, personal injury or similar case types.
- Have progression towards CILEX or other legal or professional qualifications.
A successful candidate must have:
- IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – A strong ability to organise their own time, identify priority tasks and know when to ask for help.
- A strong understanding of key cases, rules and principles regarding; credit hire, personal injury or similar litigation.
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify what is not right/out of the ordinary.
- Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also know when is it worth pursuing it.
- Interpersonal skills – The ability to get on with a team, speak to a customer on the phone and meet a client.
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.