Facilities Manager - Flexible Location - FTC 12 Months
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint a Facilities Manager to manage the network of our Offices on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
As Facilities Manager, you will be reporting in to the Head of Facilities Management, and will be responsible for ensuring the effective functioning of each DACB location within their remit by providing an efficient, flexible and safe working environment for our staff, third party contractors and visitors. This will be delivered by using best practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the firm and will require regular visits to each location.
Please note the location of this role is flexible and can be based in any of the DAC Beachcroft office locations covered.
- Point of Contact for Location Heads regarding facilities issues, office service requests, escalations: regular attendance at Partner meetings
- Key point of contact for day to day communications with local landlords or Building management including attendance at tenants meetings
- P&FM representative at Health and Safety Committee
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes
- Allocate and manage facilities space for maximum efficiency
- Coordinate internal-office moves and work with project teams and contractors to deliver the moves within budget and agreed timelines
- Supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Plan and manage core services such as reception, security, cleaning, catering, day to day management of outsourced office services, waste disposal and parking
- Management of internal office catering arrangements, such as replenishment of tea points, vending machines etc
- Work with the procurement team to assist in cost-effective service delivery and support in any relevant tender processes or performance reviews
- Calculate and compare costs for goods and services to maximize cost-effectiveness
- Stakeholder management of contractor, vendor and third party provider relationships
- Manage and review service contracts to ensure facilities management needs are being met
- Check completed work by contractors and vendors
- Verify payment and invoicing pricing
- Plan and monitor appropriate facilities management staffing levels for local offices
- Ensure efficient utilization of facilities maintenance staff
- Support performance management, development and training of outsourced Office Services staff
- Work with HOFM to prepare and track local budgets vs. spend
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives
- Working with Procurement to advise on and monitor energy efficiency
- Oversee environmental health and safety
- Provide prompt response to requests and issues relating to Facilities raised by colleagues
- Support new and evolving ways of working including workstation capacity reporting (including local ownership of Condeco)
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience of working in a multi-site Facilities Management role
- Proven experience of procurement process and contract management
- NEBOSH Qualifications or equivalent qualification (or experience) is required
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations and carbon footprint
- Practical knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Knowledge of / experience in Business administration
- Practical knowledge of financial budget management
- Strong understanding of Customer Excellence and delivery, making efficiencies and driving change
- Highly organised and able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience of managing people, coaching and development
- Be outcome-focused, taking a pragmatic, cost effective approach to dealing with issue
- Be self-motivated and able to work to a high standard under own initiative
- Strong Excel Skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org