Employee Relations Advisor
We are currently recruiting for an Employee Relations Advisor to join our HR team in our offices in central Bristol. The Employee Relations Advisor's main focus is to provide effective, customer focused Human Resources employee relations (ER) advisory service to the firm whilst supporting the ER and Policy Manager with complex cases and day to day operation and development of the ER team.
Working hours: We will consider flexible working patterns
Although the role will be based in Bristol, the role will support the employee populations across a number of our offices and so regular travel is necessary to provide face-to-face support as and when required. The role will be part of a national ER team who report into the Head of ER based in Bristol.
Working closely with management, staff and the relevant HR Business Partner to advise on a range of employee relations issues, including but not limited to:
- Supporting line managers with formal and informal Employee Relations matters, including performance, attendance, disciplinary and grievance issues at investigation, formal hearing and appeal stages
- Advising the business and relevant HR Business Partners on the design and end to end implementation of change programmes (e.g. TUPE and redundancies)
- Responsibility for supporting managers to deal with, or directly manage, complex and long term absence cases
- Providing consistent and commercially focussed advice to line managers and colleagues in HR around Employee Relations issues
- Advising partners and staff on the Firm’s HR policies and employment best practice as they apply to day to day management of staff
- Managing the end to end maternity process
- Implementing the flexible working application process
- Supporting the Head of ER and other HR colleagues in relevant project work, for example involvement in ensuring ER policies are relevant for changing business needs
- Involvement in resolving more complex queries (e.g. benefits, absence or policy related) which are escalated from the HR Helpdesk
- Conducting Employee Relations training as part of the Learning & Development offering
- Dealing with ad-hoc or regular reports, including appropriate analysis of information where required
The Ideal Candidate
- A strong understanding of UK employment legislation and general Employee Relations principles and practices, preferably gained in a similar advisory role
- Demonstrable experience of handling Employee Relations cases, either within a generalist or specialist role.
- Stakeholder management experience
- Ideally of graduate calibre, with minimum 5 GCSE passes including English and Maths
- A CIPD qualification, or part qualification, is desirable but not essential as is the ability to understand a professional services business environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are vital
- Proactive and willing to take ownership of tasks and projects
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise effectively and deal calmly with the pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Team oriented, flexible and enthusiastic with a positive and committed approach
- Reliable and able to work on own initiative, with good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Some experience of HR systems and/or administration essential
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.