DAC Beachcroft LLP are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join their Credit Control team based in Bristol. The Credit Controller's role will be to provide support to fee earners and partners to ensure the correct onboarding of new clients as well as liaising with e-billing vendors regarding queries.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 9.00am-5.00pm
The ideal candidate will have previous Credit Control experience in a Professional Services or Legal environment
- Checking and maintaining matter set-up on the e-billing hub (EBH) to ensure budgets, timekeepers and rates have been entered correctly ahead of any invoice submissions;
- Ensure that any qualifying invoice is uploaded to the EBH in a timely manner;
- Dealing with all invoice rejections following submission involving direct Partner contact;
- Maintaining Credit Control notes at all times using Innovations I4G software providing the business with necessary feedback regarding non-payment;
- Maintaining organised and structured cash collection chasing routines where the invoice is successfully received and approved by via the EBH and recording notes on I4G as appropriate;
- Regular contact with Partners keeping them appraised of their debt position and reasons collections are not being met in accordance with the firm's payment terms;
- Providing Management with appropriate reporting detailing any issues by exception;
- Providing support and training to Fee Earners/Partners to ensure they are correctly on-boarding new clients and using systems to their optimum;
- Liaising with e-billing vendors regarding queries;
- Responsibility for ensuring that e-Billing activities are compliant to the Revenue/PGR's teams billing policies and procedures;
- Troubleshooting LEDES files in all formats;
Continue to develop the e-Billing project with an active role in development and testing and designing/refining processes & procedures as part of the firm's future e-Billing strategy.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous Credit Control experience in a Professional Services or Legal environment
- Experience of Thompson Reuters Elite and E-Billing Hub would be an advantage but not essential;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to manage high workloads;
- A team player but able to use own initiative;
- IT literate with ability to pick up new systems quickly;
- Flexible with a positive 'can do' attitude;
- Good level of numeracy;
- Good level of spelling and grammar;
- 24 days holiday (excluding public holidays)
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Pension scheme (5% firm contribution, 4% employer contribution)
- Life insurance
- Private medial insurance
- Group income protection
- Access to Wellbeing hub- Employee Assistance Programme Offering confidential 24 hour support, advice and information on a range of issues
- Access to Nudge, a financial educational tool
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.