We are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join our Bristol team. There are 15 Credit Controllers within the team who report to a Credit Control Supervisor and Credit Control Manager. The ideal candidate will have previous Credit Control experience and previous experience with Microsoft Excel.
Working hours: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday , core office hours 9.00-5.00
Our finance team provides support to the firm in management accounting, billing, credit control, purchase and payments management and budgeting as well as providing financial compliance input to support the firm's strategic decision-making processes. The finance team plays a vital role in managing risk and financial performance for the firm.
- Frequent liaison with other teams within the Finance department
- Seek collections which ensure cash collection targets are met;
- Managing often complex account reconciliations;
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms' data security protocols;
- Monthly meetings with management
- Follow the firms' collection procedure
- Understand & manage the clients and Partners requirements;
- Confident in own ability and able to look for a resolution prior to escalating;
- Collating missing data relevant to the payment of our bills – including cleansing existing data;
- Liaising with accounts to provide and receive information to ensure data accuracy
- Take responsibility for monthly management information, provided both internally and externally;
- Regular contact with the Sales Ledger Department to ensure cash allocations are found promptly and accurately;
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Regular contact with Partners, Clients and Fee-Earners regarding their debt;
- High volume phone calls & emails (internal & external) chasing the firm's debt;
- Use Innovations I4G software to manage your ledger, logging notes, queries and diary entries;
- Dealing with queries in-line with the ISO27001 requirements (both internal and external);
- Occasional travel to other offices and minimal client visits;
The Ideal Candidate
The candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes;
- Previous credit control experience;
- Previous experience with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent developed communication skills;
- Ability to manage high work-loads;
- A team player but able to use own initiative;
- IT literate with ability to pick up new systems quickly;
- Flexible with a positive 'can do' attitude;
- Good level of numeracy;
- Good level of spelling and grammar.
- Proven track record in reducing debtor days in a busy, fast paced environment
- A tenacious personality able to handle sometimes difficult phone calls and meetings
- Lateral thinker with the ability to generate creative solutions to complex problems;
- Previous Legal or Professional Services experience advantageous
- Experience of Elite, I4G and / or similar legal accounting systems would be an advantage but not essential
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com