Contentious Construction - Solicitor/Associate
Following the continued success of the team and a number of further recent high profile client wins, we are looking to recruit an additional Solicitor/Associate who will play an active role in the continued growth and success of the team in collaboration with our wider practice in the North East, nationally and internationally.
The successful candidate will have an exciting opportunity to form part of a prestigious and highly ambitious team.
The team deals with a variety of Construction and Engineering matters, including:
- Monetary claims with on an interim or final account scenario (including variation and loss and expense matters);
- Delay claims (including extension of time and liquidated damages disputes);
- Workmanship and design disputes;
- Work scope / responsibility issues.
The team works across the full range of dispute resolution forums including:
- Court proceedings;
- Arbitration (international and UK); and
The team’s clients include marquee brand names from the employer/investor, housebuilding, main contracting, subcontracting and engineering/other consultancy sectors.
Much of the team’s work is done out of the North-East so travel is required (typically, 2 – 3 times a month).
In addition, the team acts on insurance-backed pieces of construction and engineering litigation for clients. The team works very successfully in advising insurers and in representing insureds in a wide range of claims. The successful candidate will have a firm focus in this area of the team's work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified solicitor (circa 0-4 PQE) with experience of construction and engineering matters and / or professional indemnity claims preferable although not compulsory.
- Very good relationship and client handling skills, commensurate with experience.
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a good level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- Willingness to work hard as part of a highly ambitious and driven team to help it continue to develop and to achieve its objectives.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.