DAC Beachcroft LLP are currently recruiting for a Compliance Officer to join their Practice Governance and Risk (PG&R) team. The Compliance Officer's role is to provide support to the International Lead within PG&R, who deals with international regulatory, compliance, contractual and risk matters.
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 9.00-5.00 (35 hours)
The Compliance Officer may be required to help others as and when required in relation to other topics. For example, data protection, financial crime, anti-money laundering and information security.
The ideal candidate will have good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Office packages as well as good attention to detail. Previous experience of working in a regulated industry, such as Legal or Financial Services is desirable but not essential
- Researching a wide variety of regulatory and compliance matters in different jurisdictions, including Horizon Scanning.
- Subject to language restrictions, translating internal material to harmonise the group’s compliance requirements.
- Assisting with the distribution and completion of due diligence questionnaires in relation to our international offering.
- Assisting the new client administration team on the on-boarding of international clients.
- Completing internal registers and other administrative tasks.
- Supporting the writing and updating of the firm’s internal policies.
- Coordinating PG&R’s guidance notes to be published in the firm’s monthly newsletter.
- Subject to the candidate’s skillset, drafting and reviewing of contracts (with supervision).
The Ideal Candidate
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Comfortable working in a complex IT environment
- Good attention to detail
- The ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Focused and analytical
- Good team player
- Confident decision-maker
- Must be graduate level (LL.M. beneficial but not required)
- Previous experience of working in a regulated industry, such as Legal or Financial Services is useful but not essential
- Language skills – English and French (Spanish and/or any other languages beneficial).
- Good research skills in various languages (with support of our translating software).
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org