DAC Beachcroft LLP are currently recruiting for a Compliance Officer to join their team. All of our office locations will be considered for this vacancy.
The Compliance Officer's role is to provide support, assistance and advice to Fee-earners and the Business Services Functions across the Group in respect of a range of work relating to regulatory, compliance and risk. Time will be split primarily between working within the New Client Administration team and the Financial Crime/ AML Working groups.
The Compliance Officer will sit within the Group's Practice Governance & Risk Group (PG&R).
Time permitting the successful candidate will work with other members of PG&R on a variety of matters. Supervision and guidance will be provided by other members of the PG&R Group.
- Checking and verifying new client acceptance forms, ensuring that the information is compliant with the Group's procedures and Anti Money Laundering rules surrounding business acceptance.
- Participating in the Financial Crime Working Group
- Working with the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (or deputies) to resolve any money laundering concerns.
- Helping with the drafting and updating of policy documents and guidance notes.
- Carrying out Horizon Scanning, maintaining awareness of regulatory/compliance changes, developing knowledge of financial crime requirements, and helping to implement the processes to incorporate the necessary updates.
- Responding to queries from the business.
- Assisting with regulatory reporting requirements, research and other administrative tasks to support the team.
- Supporting on project work including:
- Collaborating with the learning and development team to formulate and deliver bespoke training;
- Reviewing the upcoming 6th Money Laundering Directive, alongside other new AML/Financial Crime legislation, and carrying out a gap analysis against our current processes;
- Helping with preparation for SRA thematic reviews;
- Liaising with IT and procurement for the improvement of the new client onboarding/matter opening process.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must be graduate level (or equivalent i.e. have experience in the legal sector)
- Previous experience of working in a regulated industry, such as Legal or Financial Services is highly desirable
- Experience and knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations would be beneficial
- Good IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Good attention to detail, accuracy / 'getting things right first time'
- The ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Focused and analytical
- Good team player
- Confident decision-maker
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.