Commercial Real Estate (Team 1) Senior Associate 6+ PQE - Bristol, London or Manchester
The DAC Beachcroft commercial real estate team comprises 65 lawyers working across all our offices – London, Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow and Leeds. It forms part of a wider real estate department comprising 135 lawyers including specialists in construction, planning, residential, property litigation and a dedicated portfolio management team.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Associate (6+PQE) to join Commercial Real Estate Team 1. The focus of Team 1 is commercial investment and development work, acting for institutional investors, real estate developers and occupiers.
Recent work examples include:
- The sale of Touchwood shopping centre in Solihull for Lendlease for £90m
- Acquisition, prelet and forward sale of a 70 bed care home scheme, GDV £40M
- Acting for Hard Rock Café on the acquisition of the freehold of their Old Park Lane site
Our diverse range of clients provides top-quality instructions and a varied and sustainable pipeline of work.
Our team members are empowered to develop their own client contacts and relationships from the start of their careers; you will see how your contribution directly impacts on your clients and understand how the service you provide helps them.
All across our team, from our emerging talent to our senior leadership, you won’t find a closed door, real or virtual.
We are a truly international firm with over 2,500 colleagues across 9 countries and with a myriad of international associations further bolstering our capabilities.
Our team is very busy and work hard, but we offer genuine flexibility to allow you to meet your personal and work commitments – and that flexibility won’t disappear post-Covid!
"The DAC team are excellent. Their advice is always consistent and reliable. However, their real strength is working to corporate deadlines and playing a key role in driving the projects forward. Their proactive approach enables sites to be delivered swiftly and efficiently."
Legal 500 UK 2021, Real Estate
- Deliver time critical and business as usual projects for clients, working both independently and as part of a team, including delegating work where appropriate
- Understand and comply with client service level agreements and KPIs
- Business development and marketing activity
- Develop awareness of firm wide strategies
- Build an awareness of the firm's other services through effective networks and research
- Grow your knowledge and skills by taking up the training and development opportunities available
- Support and develop more junior members of the team
- Manage financial performance by accurately budgeting, adjusting quotes to reflect changes in scope, timely billing and a focus on debt management
The Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, dedicated and have strong technical and client relationship skills.
We are seeking a commercially focused Real Estate Senior Associate with a genuine interest and experience in Commercial Real Estate work.
Key skills include:
- Strong client relationship skills
- Confidence and a willingness to engage with and develop existing client relationships and build new ones through own initiative and DACB initiatives
- Lease negotiation experience, acting for landlord and tenant
- Ability to report clearly to clients on due diligence and with advice; specifically experience of preparing reports on title and certificates of title
- Knowledge of sales and acquisitions transactions, both asset sales and sales within corporate wrappers
- Experience of commercial property development including exposure to pre-lets, forward fundings, rights of light concerns and associated construction and planning law issues
- High quality level of technical expertise
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team oriented and collegiate
- Ability to analyse and apply legal principles and facts to derive technically sound, commercial strategies for complex matters
- Sound judgment in decision making and being focused on client and case needs
- Up to date knowledge of legal developments and case law
- An awareness of external market conditions, affecting the firm and its clients
- A good level of computer literacy
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com