Commercial Real Estate Solicitor - Manchester
The DAC Beachcroft commercial real estate team in the north operates from all three of our northern offices in Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle.
The strength and breadth of our Manchester Real Estate team's client portfolio is excellent, providing opportunities to work with leading national and international PLCs, listed real estate developers, investors, landlords, occupiers and public sector organisations.
Our Manchester Real Estate team comprises over 35 solicitors (including 5 partners and 3 legal directors) and support staff. We form part of a national Real Estate practice group with offices in London Bristol Leeds and Newcastle which numbers 135 lawyers in total.
An expanding client list and increasing volumes of work mean that new team members are needed to play an essential, valued role in delivering the time-critical, high quality service expected by our clients. Working as part of dedicated client teams you will:
- Work closely with the lead partner and other members of the team on more complex transactions, having responsibility for key tasks as well as generally supporting the wider transaction.
- Where appropriate, act as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice and running transactions (under supervision and with the support of a senior member of the team).
- Work closely to client protocols and processes.
- Comply with the required standards for file opening, conflict management, and financial management of files, billing regimes etc. as well as the specific reporting or other management requirements of individual clients.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Make an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, business development and/or client care and relationship management.
The Ideal Candidate
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and be keen to seize the opportunity to progress their legal career by developing their technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, collaborative environment. Key skills include:
- Experience in land registry applications and SDLT submissions
- Familiarity with commissioning and reporting on conveyancing searches
- Experience in real estate: for example landlord and tenant, property finance and property acquisition and disposals
- Experience in reviewing and reporting on titles and leases would be useful
- Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues with assistance.
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
- Ability to operate with a high level of self sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- A team oriented and collegiate way of working.
- Some experience of and success with business development and/or client care or relationship management activities.
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships internally, as well as being able to undertake client marketing and influence at all levels.
- An ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
- Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of commercial property matters simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
- A positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- An ability to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
- Attention to detail and a concern for quality.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.