Commercial Health Paralegal - Leeds/Bristol/London
DAC Beachcroft requires two paralegals to join our Public Law and Health Projects team in either London, Leeds or Bristol. The national team operates from the Bristol, Leeds, London and Newcastle offices and has a market leading reputation with clients throughout the country within the health and public sector.
We have one of the largest and most respected public law and commercial health teams in the UK. Our clients include central and local government, non-departmental public bodies, NHS organisations (Commissioners, providers and private sector health organisations), organisations in the education sector, statutory and chartered bodies and regulators, as well as private health and social care providers and other companies and charities working for or with the public sector. This role is focused on regulatory, public law and commercial health work across this range of clients.
DAC Beachcroft's commercial offering to the health sector ranges from advice on regulatory matters, procurement of goods and services, commissioning contracts, joint ventures, collaborations and mergers, the exploitation of intellectual property and products, advising on new models of care and integration.
The team advises on matters such as:
1. Commissioning Contracts
2. EU and Public procurement
3. Primary Care Contracting
4. Supply of Goods and Services
6. Income Generation schemes
7. Joint Ventures/Alternative Business Structures
8. Mergers and Acquisitions
9. Managed Equipment Schemes
10. Data Protection and Freedom of Information
11. Judicial review
12. Public sector decision making and advice on general public law principles
Supporting the existing local team and the national Public Law and Health Projects Team with realisation of the business plan focusing on delivery of prompt, first class services to the clients of the firm.
Working primarily on larger matters with members of the Commercial Health team, which will include:
• Attending meetings with team members to assist and take notes;
• Assisting with legal research;
• Document management;
• Reviewing and proof reading documents;
• Taking of attendance notes;
• Supporting administrative tasks (including billing) as required;
• Ensuring that a high level of quality management is achieved on all matters.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, relevant experience or a keen interest in the Health or Public Sectors is essential. Experience in commercial law and/or public law would be an advantage.
We also expect the successful applicant to have/be:
• A very good academic track record (ideally 2:1 or above), including a degree and LPC (or equivalent);
• Attention to detail and a concern for quality;
• An outgoing, confident communicator with good oral and written communication skills;
• An enthusiastic, flexible, self motivated and committed team player, happy to work on larger matters as part of a team with shared responsibilities;
• Strong organisational skills, together with the ability to manage deadlines and work under pressure;
• Ability to concentrate on routine tasks;
• Reliable, responsible and capable of following instructions;
• Strong interpersonal skills essential;
• IT literate;
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
This is an opportunity for someone looking to join a successful and expanding commercial team in an exciting and developing sector, within a firm with a great reputation in the Health and Public sectors nationwide.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.