Commercial Health Lawyer (4-8 PQE)
We are looking for a commercial Solicitor/Associate to join our highly successful team in our Leeds or Manchester offices. The ideal candidate will be able to assist with realisation of our business plan focusing on delivery of prompt, first class services to the public and private sector clients of the firm.
The opportunity is for an ambitious commercial lawyer, ideally with expertise in negotiating and drafting a broad array of contractual arrangements focussed on the health sector. Knowledge of or a keen interest in the health sector is important to us.
Handling own caseload and working with senior lawyers on major projects, encompassing the full range of commercial work within the team (with appropriate level of support and supervision) alongside contributing to business development initiatives. Your main role will be drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and providing risk advice that is solution based.
Projects that you may be involved in include:
- Advising on national strategic policy and contractual arrangements in the health sector
- Advising on outsourcing contracts
- Advising on managed equipment services procurements
- Advising on collaboration and NHS mergers and acquisitions
- Advising on regulatory due diligence projects Advising on commercial joint ventures
- General advice on contractual matters for a range of health and social care clients
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with previous experience of or solid and demonstrable interest in commercial work.
- Experience in any of commercial law, commercial health, charity law or procurement law is an advantage. A strong interest in the health and social care sector is essential.
We are seeking the following qualities:
- Highly-motivated, sharing our commitment to providing an excellent service to our clients
- Strong academic background coupled with the ability to formulate and present sound, coherent advice, both orally and in writing
- Ability to think creatively and pragmatically to add value and provide risk-focused, practical advice
- Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on a day to day basis and to develop relationships with individual clients
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, participate in team-working and develop relationships within the firm
- Willingness to take responsibility and ownership of client work, balancing confidence in your own ability and appropriate self-sufficiency with a willingness to learn and awareness of the boundaries of your own competence/authority
The firm has a very flexible approach to working with its “Flex Forward” policy, including remote working, and whilst the candidate would operate from our Leeds/Manchester office the firm is flexible as to location of the candidate.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com