DAC Beachcroft’s Claims Solutions Group is the market-leading claims law firm, providing specialist claims, health, safety and environment and motor prosecutions services to insurers and corporate clients. We positively impact our clients’ bottom line through the delivery of the highest quality service, best case outcomes, and genuine value for money and differentiated services.
Given the size of the team and number of clients we work with, there is a real opportunity for growth and development. Progression can either be by technical development, building client relationships and/or progression to supervisor or managerial role.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Claims Handler to join the team in Newport.
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of volume pre- litigated cases in our motor department.
After the required level of training and support our teams are expected to:
- Negotiate claims for liability and damages on pre litigation cases within authority limits
- Pro-actively handle claims to ensure delivery of a focused claims service
- Ensure strategies reflect commercial reality of case value.
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements.
- To record timely and accurate management information.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
- Hit their individual targets (which are set based upon work type and experience).
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days).
The Ideal Candidate
Please note that:
- Some experience of working in an insurance environment (particularly motor) is desirable but not essential; and
- Knowledge/previous experience of case management is desirable but not essential.
A successful candidate must have:
- Good understanding of claims handling practice and strategies
- IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own time, recognise what's a time pressure, what's important and when to ask for help.
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify what is not right/out of the ordinary.
- Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also know when is it worth pursuing it.
- Interpersonal skills – The ability to get on with a team, speak to a customer on the phone and meet a client.
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback.
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.