A new opportunity has arisen within DAC Beachcroft's Claims Solutions Group. We are looking to hire a Claims Handler in our Motor department. If this sounds like it may be a role for you then please do not hesitate to contact Emma Colls email@example.com
- Negotiate claims for liability and damages on Pre Litigation cases within authority limits
- Pro-actively handle claims to ensure delivery of a focused claims service
- Achieve and exceed Client quality standards and Key Performance Indicator
- Contribute to knowledge sharing within the Team
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
- SLA compliance
- KPI performance
- Accuracy of MI
- Ensuring appropriate strategies are set
- Technical quality requiring some insurance motor experience
- Ensuring strategies reflect commercial reality of case value
The Ideal Candidate
Of a satisfactory academic record with evidence of a desire to learn and ability to be trained in accordance with the firm’s requirements
- IT literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge/previous experience of case management systems would be an advantage but training will be provided. Good keyboard skills are also essential
- Good understanding of claims handling practice and strategies
- Experience of working in an insurance environment preferable
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets, prioritise own workloads effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
- Confident communicator and negotiator
- Quality and customer service orientated
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to respond appropriately to new client instructions or strategies
- Flexible with an ability to adapt to rapid change, both internally and in the context of clients' businesses
- Contribute to a positive and supportive team culture
- A co-operative team player who is able to work effectively within a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.