Claims Handler – Retail & Consumer – Leeds
Please Note: The application deadline for this job has now passed.
Due to the recent success of the team we are looking to recruit to a Claims Handler into our Retail & Consumer team on a permanent basis.
At DAC Beachcroft our international and UK teams of lawyers, claims handlers and advisors work with clients across a range of industry sectors and are market-leaders in the insurance, health and real estate industries.
Our market leading team works with large self-insured corporates in a specialist division, CIR.
The team has a progressive approach and a market leading reputation for not simply tackling claims, but also for tracking and analysing behaviours and trends with a view to providing our clients with bespoke strategies and analysis of changing market behaviours.
Why Join Our Team?
Successful candidates will undergo a comprehensive training program to give you the knowledge to succeed. Given the size of the team and the clients we work with, there is a real opportunity for growth and development. Progression can either be by technical development, building client relationships and/or progression to a supervisor or managerial role.
What’s in it for you?
As well as offering high levels of flexibility and a great work life balance, we offer a well-rounded remuneration package (which includes private medical insurance, income protection insurance and discounted gym membership, amongst many other benefits) alongside real opportunities for growth and progression. We actively encourage colleagues to make use of our professional funding scheme to complete legal or business qualifications relevant to your role.
At DAC Beachcroft our Flex Forward policy means that we have relaxed core hours and colleagues are able to flex their hours across the day and week. For more information please review the following link - https://jobs.dacbeachcroft.com/whats-in-it-for-you/
There are regular in person and remote social events organised for colleagues at DAC Beachcroft , not to mention the opportunity to get involved in a range of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) activities, including volunteering or becoming an ally for one of our inclusion and diversity or business network groups.
We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, which aligns closely to our cultural principles (Determined, Clear, Creative and Supportive). If you are excited about this role and being part of our culture, but your past experience does not align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles!
What you will do
To provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to clients in the management of volume pre- litigated cases in our casualty department.
Successful candidates will:
- Negotiate claims for liability and damages on pre litigation cases within authority limits
- Act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions and reading appropriate publications
- Ensure strategies reflect commercial reality of case value
- Comply with internal and external service level agreements
- To record timely and accurate management information
- To hit their individual financial targets (which are set based upon work type, charging basis and experience)
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team (e.g. attending marketing events, client training, clinics and shadowing days).
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans
- You will be required to handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols
- Must have previous experience and knowledge of dealing with personal injury (OIC and MOJ Portals).
Who you are
- IT skills - Be IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Prioritisation & Organisation skills – The ability to organise their own time recognise what's a time pressure, what's important and when to ask for help. An ability to work and thrive under pressure and to juggle competing demands on their time
- Analytical skills – The ability to critically look at factual evidence, identify issues and inconsistencies
- Commercial sense – The ability to know the principle or law but also to apply commerciality as to whether a defence is worth pursuing
- Interpersonal skills – The ability to get on and work with a team, speak to customers on the phone and to meet clients. A strong focus on providing a high level of customer service
- Resilience – The ability to stand their ground in a telephone negotiation and to receive feedback
- Aptitude to learn – The ability to retain knowledge and put into play new skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and excellent telephone skills
- Demonstrates alignment with the Firm’s Cultural Principles (Clear, Creative, Determined and Supportive).
About DAC Beachcroft
We are a leading international legal business with 3,000 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Milan, Rome, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 141 practice area rankings across Chambers UK 2023 and The Legal 500 2023 and over 230 individual lawyers ranked in the two guides.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. Our most recent accolades include being named the top winner at the 2022 Legal Innovation Awards with two awards, bringing home two National Insurance Awards in 2023 for ‘Insurance Law’ and ‘Innovative Product’, winning ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Public’ at both the 2021 and 2022 HealthInvestor Awards and ‘Legal Adviser of the Year – Private’ at the 2021 awards, and being named ‘Arbitration Team of the Year’ at the 2022 British Legal Awards. Regionally in the UK, we were named ‘Law Firm of the Year – Large’ in the 2022 Yorkshire Legal Awards and ‘Innovators of the Year’ at the 2022 Bristol Law Society Awards.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
What you need to know about applying
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com