Claims Handler - Casualty
DAC Beachcroft’s Pre-Litigation Claims Handling team advises insurers and corporate clients in their defence of claims of all values, types and complexity. Our National team whose clients are a mix of leading names in the insurance industry as well as household name corporates, deal with all aspects of defendant claims handling. We are looking for Claims Handlers to work within a team of specialist disease lawyers, handling pre litigated Noise Induced Hearing Loss claims for major insurers.
As part of the fee earning aspect of this role, candidates are expected to:
- Handle a caseload of Noise induced deafness claims under the supervision of an experienced deafness specialist who will offer mentoring and support
- Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information
- Ensure strict and ongoing adherence to benchmark standards in all work undertaken
- To hit, maintain and apply a consistent approach to all individual targets of chargeable time, financial performance, realisation rates, settlement rates and average claim spend
- Act as a point of contact for clients, insureds, co insurers and insurance brokers , demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
- Exercise full compliance with Beachcroft protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrate a high level of financial management in respect of own files
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications
- There may be a requirement to work in house with the client
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of working within a legal or insurance environment with knowledge and exposure to litigation and CPR or a Law Graduate
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Experience of working within a pressurised and deadline driven environment with the ability to prioritise work effectively
- A co-operative team player who presents a positive, enthusiastic and flexible approach to their work
- Able to quickly identify key issues and make decisions quickly
- Outstanding eye for detail
- Confident oral and written communication skills
- Confident negotiator and communicator
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org