Case Administrator - Claims Handling
We are looking for a Case Administrator to join our Motor Claims Handling team in Newport. If you are a recent graduate with experience in administration or have worked as an administrator in the past and want a new challenge in the legal sector, this role could be for you. Strong administration skills and an intermediate ability in Excel are essential.
- Support Claims Solutions Group fee earners in relation to financial issues arising on individual matters, forming a link between Finance and the fee earners
- Support Operations Managers with the follow up and maintenance required on various reports.
- Collating missing data relevant to the payment of our bills – including cleansing existing data
- Assisting Supervisors with task / projects as required. These may include projects relating to continuous process improvement and/ or root cause analysis etc
- Assisting the fee earners with queries on financial matters such as WIP, disbursements, billing and client account balances
- Maintaining bordereaux bills , enabling efficient billing
- Assisting with supervisors and team manager with Management information reports
- Other administrative duties, as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload and meet conflicting demands and seek guidance and input from others where appropriate.
- High standard of written and oral communication skills
- High standard of data accuracy and IT skills including ability to create and maintain spreadsheets – intermediate Excel skills essential
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team
- Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues
- A high level of personal compliance with DAC Beachcroft Group protocols and procedures
- Experience of using a case management system preferred
- Experience of finance systems preferred
- Confident in own ability and able to look for a resolution prior to escalating
Upon joining, the successful candidate will be assigned a buddy who will assist them through their induction period into the firm. We also provide thorough training both on the job and via our e-learning platform, Leap.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at recruitment@dacbeachcroft