Business Process Manager - Bristol
DACBeachcroft is looking to appoint a Business Process Manager to lead our MI and Business Process team which supports our Professional and Financial Lines and Property Casualty insurance team(s). Ideally the candidate would be based in Bristol.
The purpose of the role is to lead the MI and Business Process team which is focused on supporting clients and client relationship partners to deliver market leading reporting and analysis to our Insurance clients.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to build on, influence and help inform our data strategy, to include our approach to data capture and visualisation.
The candidate will need to be able to assist with the management and development of MI data capture, co-ordinating our offering across the locations and various relationships, and working with other parts of the business to improve delivery.
The candidate will also need to be able to oversee other MI analysts, and engage in trend analysis and horizon scanning so we can offer external insights to clients based on our MI and also to continually analyse data to help improve internal business performance.
The Insurance Sector's MI and Business Team are responsible for a number of areas:
- Regular SLA reporting of client MI
- Liaising with clients on changes to contractual MI reporting
- Providing data and analysis to support client tenders
- Support client on boarding
- Providing expertise on analytics and MI data in dashboard design, MI system developments and data projects within the business
- Providing expertise to support development of case management systems to meet client demands
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact email@example.com in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
- Collaborate with the Head of Professional and Commercial Risks Claims Handling team to support onboarding of delegated claims handling schemes including interpreting data requirements, case management system development, together with presenting current data capabilities, client portals and dashboards to future and existing clients.
- Leading on implementation of process and data improvements including database functions and reporting within the Claims Handling Team and wider Insurance teams.
- Provide expertise to support development of case management systems working with key stakeholders
- Consult with client relationship partners and the business to understand business problems, needs and strategies around effective use of MI and other data.
- Collaborate with Insurance Client Relationship Partners to support client onboarding and including interpreting data requirements.
- Working with key stakeholders to provide data and analysis to support client tenders
- Capture business requirements and to continually refine the shape of the data, technology, process and people capabilities required to sustain analytics offerings and drive efficiency of operations.
- Support the development of data and analytics solutions, including DAC Beachcroft's client database.
- Collaborate and consult with senior management, IT, project teams and other stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of new capabilities or solutions.
- Performance management and development of the Insurance Sector's MI and Business Team
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Experience of delivering projects or pieces of work that improve processes and techniques.
- Experience of writing business cases (quantitative and qualitative) to support strategic business initiatives, process improvement initiatives, transformation
- Experience of managing people, projects or processes, demonstrating effective people skills.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Data visualization and management skills, including an understanding of data models and structures
- Experience of setting and managing performance and quality standards
- Presentation skills to clients on data capabilities
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org