Business Development Executive
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our Clients & Markets team, working closely with the Head of Business Development and wider Business Development Team to drive our client development programme and embed best practice in business development across the firm.
Working hours: Monday to Friday: 9.00-5.00 (35 hours a week)
The Business Development Executive (BDE) vacancy is open to all DAC Beachcroft office locations. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a Business Development role, ideally within a professional services environment.
- Work with Head of Business Development and Sector BD Teams on the development of client accounts within their sector.
- Assist with the development and implementation of client plans and help identify new opportunities.
- Share best practice through internal communication channels and stakeholder engagement forums.
- Assist in the development, delivery & evaluation of the sales and business development training programme, helping liaise with the Learning & Development Team
- Help promote the effective use of OnePlace CRM database to support the management and growth of our client accounts, including BD targeting through effective client segmentation
- Assist in the analysis of key client and prospect data and dashboard reporting
- Suggest ideas, maintain and develop the sales and business development tools through the 'DACB Client Engagement Hub' to enable client conversations, and promote the cross selling of key products and services.
- Help support client development workshops to identify opportunities and help drive CRM activity.
- Assist in informal and formal opportunities working with the Bids team as required
- Work with the Client Listening team to seek client feedback and inform client account activity
- Work with the wider BD team and Client Co-ordinator to embed best practice approaches
- Understands DAC Beachcroft is an international firm. Works with awareness of this structure to operate as one team/brand.
- Actively operates in the best interests of the firm at all times internally and externally.
- Operates in a regulated environment, effectively managing risk and compliance issues including data security.
- Works in partnership with others to manage and mitigate commercial risk.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Experience of business development, client account management, developing client plans
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage appropriately with stakeholders, confident to make contact and liaise with colleagues in UK and international offices.
- Proven analytical skills
- Strong networking skills - ability to connect the right people to opportunities
- Highly pro-active, self-motivated, resourceful
- Works successfully in virtual teams
- 24 days holiday (excluding public holidays)
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- Pension scheme (5% firm contribution, 4% employer contribution)
- Life insurance
- Private medial insurance
- Group income protection
- Access to Wellbeing hub- Employee Assistance Programme Offering confidential 24 hour support, advice and information on a range of issues
- Access to Nudge, a financial educational tool
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.