The Business Analyst will lead colleagues and team members through business transformation activities.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Analyse and formalise the business requirements, ensuring that the business need is precisely defined and benefits realised
- Design and document business processes and workflows that deliver performance improvements, having responsibility for business process assurance and process improvement
- Act as a focal point for project stakeholders and provide support to the project process
- Oversee business / user process acceptance testing
Business Process Improvement:
- Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches.
- Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change programme.
- Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organisation change.
- Applies and monitors the use of modelling and analysis tools, methods and standards, giving special consideration to business perspectives.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts.
- Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. (For example, may oversee the organisation's promotional/selling activities to one or more clients, to ensure that such activities are aligned with corporate marketing objectives).
- Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that organisational policy and strategies are adhered to. Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
Requirements Definition and Management:
- Facilitates scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives of medium size and complexity.
- Contributes to selection of the most appropriate means of representing business requirements in the context of a specific change initiative, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Discovers and analyses requirements for fitness for purpose as well as adherence to business objectives and consistency, challenging positively as appropriate.
- Obtains formal agreement by stakeholders and recipients to scope and requirements and establishes a base-line on which delivery of a solution can commence.
- Manages requests for and the application of changes to base-lined requirements.
- Identifies the impact on business requirements of interim (e.g. migration) scenarios as well as the required end position.
- Build and maintain key relationships throughout the business.
- Act as liaison between the business and technical staff
- Assist in the department's development of quality management system and continual improvement initiatives
- Change champion within the wider organisation
- Subject matter expert in Business Change Management
- Understands DAC Beachcroft is an international firm. Works with awareness of this structure to operate as one team/brand.
- Actively operates in the best interests of the firm at all times internally and externally.
- Operates in a regulated environment, effectively managing risk and compliance issues including data security.
- Works in partnership with others to manage and mitigate commercial risk.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive and current business analysis experience working across the full project life cycle, both in small changes and large project environments
- Extensive and current experience of business process re-engineering for delivering business change
- Strong analytical skills, able to think laterally and challenge the status quo
- Excellent commercial awareness with a good understanding of business drivers
- A "can do" attitude and proactive, pragmatic approach
- Significant experience of working with SSADM/OO/Lean/Agile and Six Sigma
- Proficient with requirements capture and diagramming tools e.g. Visio, Azure DevOps
- Experience of workflow, case management and management information systems beneficial
- A team player and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both oral and written
- Able to see the bigger picture, but pay close attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard under own initiative, managing heavy and varied workloads
- Ability to understand technical complexities and issues and to provide clear direction
- Experience of reporting to and working closely with senior business stakeholders and project sponsors
- Prepared to travel to the firm’s other offices whenever there is business need
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.