Bids and Business Development Executive
The Bids and Business Development (BD) Executive is responsible for supporting the Senior Bids and BD Manager and the Head of Business Development in managing bids and BD activity. They will support on larger bids and take sole responsibility for delivering smaller bids/standard questionnaires/proactive capability documents. They will also play a key role in the continuous improvement of our bids and BD processes.
The role will be based in Birmingham or Bristol but location can be flexible for the right candidate.
- Support the Senior Bids Manager on major bids, forming part of the bid project team and carrying out tasks allocated to them.
- Prepare and run smaller bids with key Claims Solutions Group stakeholders.
- Take full responsibility for Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Due Diligence Questionnaires, engaging with Business Services as appropriate.
- Take full responsibility for producing proactive capability documents.
- Work with the marketing team and wider bids team to ensure that standard information about Claims Solutions Group is up-to-date, approved and appropriate for use in bids.
- Work with the marketing team and the wider bids team to ensure we develop and maintain an up-to-date evidence library of experience, CVs, metrics, directory quotes and client testimonials.
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate record of incoming bids and current bids and BD opportunities. This will include preparing detailed reports on a monthly basis for the Executive Board.
- Update and maintain the Claims Solutions Group business development collateral.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of client specific internal workshops and bid preparation workshops.
- Support with the Claims Solutions Group Networks, including administration tasks and creating action plans for key Networks.
- Support the Senior Bids and BD Manager in complying with internal risk management procedures and conflict checking processes.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have experience of preparing effective bid documents, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires and Due Diligence Questionnaires.
- Have a knowledge of general design principles, including layout, format, creation and manipulation of graphics and colour usage.
- Understand project management techniques and be experienced in creating and managing project plans.
- Have strong English language, writing, proofreading and editing skills and the ability to adapt style to different audiences and channels.
- Have an excellent focus on attention to detail.
- Have experience of managing multiple tasks and concurrent deadlines.
- Have a thirst for technical knowledge and application of knowledge to generate ideas.
- Have good communication skills together with the ability to take notes of meetings for circulation
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com