Associate/Senior Associate - Employment
We are looking to strengthen our growing Employment team with talented lawyers nationwide.
The Employment and Pensions Group at DAC Beachcroft is over 90 strong with 17 Partners and a presence in London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Bristol. We have a thriving and large commercial client base and a strong public sector client base, including a significant number of household names and listed businesses, including McDonald's, DHL, Arcadia, Bentley Motors, BT, Royal British Legion, The Priory, Care UK. Each team is highly ranked in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners Guides.
The team advises clients on issues from daily personnel matters, including disciplinary and grievance issues, to strategic management issues such as redundancy programmes, industrial action, and transfers of employees. We also work closely with our commercial and corporate colleagues to provide support on transactional matters.
We operate a flexible working policy across the team, with many of our lawyers working from home on a regular basis.
- Undertake a busy and varied workload of employment matters advising all types of employers with an emphasis on our financial services sector clients
- Work on complex discrimination, whistle blowing and breach of contract litigation (Employment Tribunal and High Court)
- Manage non-contentious projects including restructures (redundancy and TUPE) in the UK and across multiple jurisdictions
- General employment advisory work by telephone and email
- Take an active role in supervising the work of and assisting in the development of junior fee-earners
- Take part in and initiate marketing / network activities in order to maintain and develop work from existing clients and potential clients. This includes assisting with client seminars and delivering training
- Contribute to non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, internal training.
The Ideal Candidate
- We would expect the post holder to be a solicitor with 4 to 7 years post qualification experience
- Experience of advising clients in the financial services sector and multi-national commercial clients
- Must have experience of handling complex tribunal claims and cross-border project work
- Track record in a well-recognised employment practice acting for sophisticated clients (including in-house legal teams)
- Independent thinker with a focus on generating commercial solutions to problems on behalf of clients
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships with clients and influence at all levels
- Enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.