Senior Associate – Employment, London
The Employment and Pensions Group at DAC Beachcroft is over 90 strong with 17 Partners and a presence in London, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Bristol.
The London Employment team comprises 29 fee earners, including 6 Partners, two of whom sit on the firm’s main board. The team has a strong and growing reputation in the London market and is recognised as Band 2 in Chambers UK 2020, and Tier 2 in the latest Legal 500.
This particular position will focus on playing a senior role supporting the team's financial and commercial sector clients, which includes five of the top ten investment banks and major multinational employers. The firm and the team genuinely values work/life balance and offers the opportunity to work on interesting, complex matters in a calm and collegiate environment. The role also offers real opportunity for advancement.
- Undertake a busy and varied workload of employment matters advising all types of employers, with an emphasis on our financial services sector clients
- Work on complex discrimination, whistle blowing and breach of contract litigation (Employment Tribunal and High Court)
- Manage non-contentious projects including restructures (redundancy and TUPE) in the UK and across multiple jurisdictions
- General employment advisory work by telephone and email
- Take an active role in supervising the work of and assisting in the development of junior fee-earners
- Take part in and initiate marketing, networking and other business development activities in order to maintain and develop work from existing clients and potential clients. This includes assisting with client seminars and delivering training
- Contribute to non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, internal training
The Ideal Candidate
- We would expect the post holder to be a solicitor with a number of years post qualification experience
- Experience of advising clients in the financial services sector and multi-national commercial clients
- Must have experience of handling complex tribunal claims and cross-border project work
- Track record in a well-recognised employment practice acting for sophisticated clients (including in-house legal teams)
- Independent thinker with a focus on generating commercial solutions to problems on behalf of clients
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships with clients and influence at all levels
- Enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 12 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We are a founding member of the Legalign Alliance which includes firms in Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand and the US as well as associations with firms in Argentina, Brazil, Central America, Hong Kong and Peru.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
Our commitment to you and your application
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org