Associate - Construction (non-contentious)
We offer the opportunity to work within a market-leading Real Estate team in a top 20 firm, with offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol and other locations throughout the UK and across the World.
Our well-established team comprises over 200 fee-earners and support staff with expert support in every area of the Real Estate market.
Our construction team plays an integral role in supporting our clients in every aspect of property development from planning through procurement, project funding and ultimately disposals.
An expanding client list and increasing workloads means new team members are needed to play an essential, valued role in delivering the time-critical, high quality service expected by our clients.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and are keen to seize the opportunity to use their proven technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, collaborative environment.
• Act as contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice (extent to initially depend on level of qualification).
• Adhering closely to client protocol and process.
• Make an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
• Comply with the required standards for internal procedures e.g. financial management of files, billing regimes etc as well as the specific requirements of individual clients.
• Writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications.
• Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
• A Solicitor with experience of the principal forms of construction contract, professional appointments, warranties and bespoke development agreements. Ideally the candidate should have experience in residential and mixed use development projects as well as commercial developments.
• Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
• Team oriented with the ability to operate with a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Keen to be involved in business development activities.
• Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships undertake client marketing and influence at all levels.
• Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
• Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of matters simultaneously.
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Detail conscious with a concern for quality.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.