Assistant HR Business Partner
The role will be Bristol based and will involve undertaking a range of HR Generalist work, ranging from supporting key annual processes including the promotions process, salary review and bonus payments to dealing with employee relations and HR Projects. The successful candidate will be working closely alongside the team of HRBP's working in the LLP.
A key focus for this role will be supporting resource planning and attraction strategies for the business areas.
You will be working closely with management, colleagues and the relevant HR Business Partners to advise on a range of HR issues, including but not limited to:
- Supporting the HR Business Partners with HR related project work and assisting with the implementation of the relevant People Plans. This involves projects related to talent and succession, reward and recognition, learning and development and diversity and inclusion.
- Supporting the HR Business Partners with key annual processes including the promotions process, salary review and bonus payments.
- Providing consistent and commercially focussed HR advice to line managers.
- Advice on attraction and retention strategies.
- Advising partners and colleagues on the Firm’s HR policies and employment best practice as they apply to day to day management of colleagues.
- Involvement in resolving more complex queries which are escalated from the HR Operations Team.
- Dealing with ad-hoc or regular reports, including appropriate analysis of information where required.
The Ideal Candidate
- A CIPD qualification, or part qualification, is desirable but not essential as is the ability to understand a professional services business environment.
- Proven experience of delivering a more generalist HR service at a Junior BP level is desirable.
- Understanding of key complexities in delivering an international HR service is desirable.
- Proven experience in delivering attraction and retention recruitment strategies.
- A good understanding of general Employee Relations principles and Learning and Development practices is desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are vital.
- Proactive and willing to take ownership of tasks and projects.
- Well organised, with the ability to prioritise effectively and deal calmly with the pressure of deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Team oriented, flexible and enthusiastic with a positive and committed approach.
- Reliable and able to work on own initiative, with good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
Some experience of HR systems and/or administration essential.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com