Assistant Business Analyst - Bristol
Do you love solving problems?
Are you curious and like to get to the bottom of things?
Does innovating and improving the way people do things excite you?
Then this is the opportunity for you. We are looking for an assistant business analyst to joining the Business Improvement & Change team.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to work within the legal sector to develop a career in business analysis.
The Business Improvement and Change team (BIC) seeks to be a catalyst for change across DACB, encouraging colleagues across the firm to continuously and enthusiastically seek opportunities for improvement to benefit their clients, colleagues and the business.
The department comprises:
- The Consulting function, with the remit of engaging with legal teams to identify opportunities for improving service delivery and introducing new processes, tools and tech;
- The Operations team, responsible for delivering and resourcing projects, right through from initial mandate to BAU; and
- The Governance team, responsible for ensuring projects are delivered to time, cost and quality and for reporting to our sponsors and stakeholders.
The department’s portfolio is growing across all areas with an increase in colleague-led project demand, we are seeking an Assistant Business Analyst to work within the Operations Team, and provide support to the Consulting function.
The assistant Business Analyst will lead colleagues and team members through business transformation activities: covering people, process and digital technologies
- Work with colleagues to understand and document existing business processes learning to use recognised process mapping techniques and tools.
- Gather and document business requirements, ensuring that the business need is precisely defined and benefits identified
- Design and document business processes and workflows that deliver performance improvements, having responsibility for business process improvement.
- Create user stories to support testing
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
- Identifies and delivers communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts.
- Develop business change plans to enable benefits to be realised and sustained on completion of projects
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Build and maintain key relationships with the business.
- Act as link between the business and the delivery team
- Change champion within the wider organisation
- Develop an understanding of how our legal teams work Role is a hybrid position, with an expectation to be in the Bristol office 2 days week
- Actively operates in the best interests of the firm at all times internally and externally.
- Operates in a regulated environment, effectively managing risk and compliance issues including data security.
- Works in partnership with others to manage and mitigate commercial risk.
The Ideal Candidate
The person we are looking for will:
- Be able to show an interest in business analysis and introducing new ways of working.
- Problem solver
- Have strong analytical skills, able to think laterally and challenge the status quo
- Have excellent commercial awareness with a good understanding of business drivers
- Have a "can do" attitude and proactive, pragmatic approach to achieving results
- Have a desire to learn new skills and techniques through practice & development
- Be a team player and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both oral and written
- Be able to see the bigger picture, but pay close attention to detail
- Be self-motivated and able to work to a high standard under own initiative, managing heavy and varied workloads
- Have the ability to understand technical complexities and issues and to provide clear direction
- Be prepared to travel to the firm’s other offices whenever there is business need
- Have the ability to operate in an environment of changing demands.
- Be able to identify the path to take to achieve a desired outcome
- Be Outcome focused
- Have an awareness of current Legal Tech offerings and trends within the market.