Asset Management Solicitor/Associate - Real Estate
The Bristol Asset Management team has a vacancy for a solicitor 1- 4 years PQE who has or wants to develop a specialism in Landlord and Tenant work. The work is for national clients predominantly involving the negotiation and grant of leases with some project work in relation to refinancing, sales and acquisitions. We act for intu, Lendlease, Landsec and Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield on some of the country’s top shopping centres and for a number of national retailers, property investment companies, funds, government bodies and business services providers. Our asset management team is well established and support will be given in this role.
- Working as part of the national team providing a consistent high quality service within client specific KPIs
- Drafting and negotiating leases for landlord clients following particular client protocols
- Dealing direct with client contacts in taking instructions, reporting to and building relationships with them
- Carrying out due diligence
- Supervising paralegals in dealing with post completion reporting and registration requirements
- Adhering closely to client protocol and process.
- Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
- Complying with client and firm protocols including financial management and data security.
The Ideal Candidate
• A 1-4 PQE Solicitor with an interest or experience typically to have been gained in negotiating leases and agreements for lease for landlords and/or tenants as well as dealing with applications for consent to assign, deeds of variation, lease renewals, surrenders, licences to alter and underleases.
• Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• Ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
• Ability to operate with a high level of self sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Team oriented and collegiate.
• Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Real Estate matters simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
• Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
• Detail conscious with a concern for quality.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.