To provide Legal Secretaries and fee earners with effective, pro-active professional and high quality administrative support that enables them to focus on providing legal services to clients, and Legal Secretaries to provide personal/client management to fee earners. It is a key requirement that the Admin Assistant is able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and an ability to use their initiative at all times. They will be an integral part of the busy Real Estate team and will need to interact daily with the Secretarial Team Leader, Legal Secretaries and Fee Earners and have the ability to prioritise workloads and liaise with other support functions to ensure timely delivery.
- Printing of emails and attachments
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Printing and scanning of engrossments and interface with office services in relation to scanning, printing, copying and binding of documents
- File management including Electronic filing
- File opening and closure, following compliance rules and undertaking conflict searches
- Dealing with incoming post on a daily basis and delivering the same to relevant fee earners and arranging couriers/recorded and special deliveries
- Typing of standard letters i.e. payment of invoices, acceptance of events
- Collating of documents for bundling/printing of labels e.g. spine labels and front labels for bundles, labels for letters
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, deeds scheduling and deeds management/archiving
- Dealing with adhoc finance tasks e.g. assisting the secretaries with billing and cash collection, submitting disbursement invoices to accounts, electronically filing same, raising paperless proformas with instruction from the fee earners and dealing with w/o’s for the team.
- Requesting any matter amendments with accounts e.g change of billing fee earner, client contact, addresses etc.
- Maintaining the stationery supplies and ensuring the areas are kept tidy
- Provide support to the Legal Secretaries with their tasks during the periods whereby there is an absence of a secretary
- Uploading documents to PDF docs and editing documents using the same
- Excellent knowledge of the Land Registry Portal
- Knowledge of Searchflow and the ordering of residential and commercial searches
The Ideal Candidate
Technical Skills / Experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used software.
- Effective and professional telephone manner.
- A team player and willing to assist and work using own initiative.
- Able to anticipate problems and develop solutions.
- Client focused.
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure remaining calm and focussed.
- Ability to develop self and others and be learning oriented, wanting to learn and seek improvement.
- Accountable and professional.
- Interested in construction/development desirable but not essential.
- Constant enthusiastic, can-do and positive approach to tasks and situations as well as requests for action outside normal scope of duties.
- Ability to take personal responsibility, ownership and behave responsibly.
- Friendly, co-operative and approachable at all times.
- Extremely organised.
- A good communicator with individuals of all levels.
- Listens carefully and questions to make sure you have all the information you need to take action.
- A resilient character with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- Displays discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- A strong team player.
- Professionally presented.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.