Clinical Risk is a core part of our business and the leading law firm in this field in the UK. Our teams are based in Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Winchester allowing us to offer truly national coverage to both public and private healthcare clients. The Leeds team serves both local NHS clients and national healthcare providers covering all aspects of healthcare related advice and representation.
The tasks are varied and involve (however not restricted) to the following:
- Checking and sorting incoming post and re-naming (in accordance with specific naming protocol) on case management system
- Completing team filing and maintain an accurate filing system (electronic and hard copy systems) including creating and updating electronic core document bundles
- Assist with collating documents for outgoing correspondence, instructions to Counsel, experts, using electronic bundling and encryption software
- Sorting medical records and preparing index
- Download new matter files from Client's case management system and set up in hard copy and on the electronic file management system
- Electronic file history bundling and sending to external costs draftsmen in line with client requirements
- Assume responsibility for basic financial administration relating to cases
- Conduct post completion administration including the archiving of closed files and retrieval of closed files from storage.
- Downloading data from secure portals
- Managing spreadsheets – collating information and data inputting
- Undertake basic clerical tasks on behalf of the team eg encrypting documents, checking disc contents, scanning, saving, printing, photocopying, producing labels, completing courier/special delivery booking request forms
- Regularly liaising with fee earners within the team and STL to keep them updated as to workflows
- Maintain accurate management and client information on an ongoing basis, in line with client and location protocols.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
Technical Skills & Experience
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with minimum C grade passes in Maths and English
- Previous experience in an administrative role is essential. Ideally, this would be within a professional services environment
- IT literate with working knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge/previous experience of database systems would be an advantage. Good keyboard skills are also essential.
- Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and flexible. Willing to contribute and support others as part of a team effort
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload effectively
- Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others where appropriate
- Confident oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.