Administrative Assistant (Clinical Risk) - Leeds
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint an Administrative Assistant to join our Clinical Risk team in Leeds.
Clinical Risk is a core part of our business and the leading law firm in this field in the UK. Our teams are based in Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Winchester allowing us to offer truly national coverage to both public and private healthcare clients. The Leeds team serves both local NHS clients and national healthcare providers covering all aspects of healthcare related advice and representation.
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
The tasks are varied and involve (however not restricted) to the following:
- Checking and sorting incoming post and re-naming (in accordance with specific naming protocol) on case management system
- Completing team filing and maintain an accurate filing system (electronic and hard copy systems) including creating and updating electronic core document bundles
- Assist with collating documents for outgoing correspondence, instructions to Counsel, experts, using electronic bundling and encryption software
- Sorting medical records and preparing index
- Download new matter files from Client's case management system and set up in hard copy and on the electronic file management system
- Electronic file history bundling and sending to external costs draftsmen in line with client requirements
- Assume responsibility for basic financial administration relating to cases
- Conduct post completion administration including the archiving of closed files and retrieval of closed files from storage.
- Downloading data from secure portals
- Managing spreadsheets – collating information and data inputting
- Undertake basic clerical tasks on behalf of the team eg encrypting documents, checking disc contents, scanning, saving, printing, photocopying, producing labels, completing courier/special delivery booking request forms
- Regularly liaising with fee earners within the team and STL to keep them updated as to workflows
- Maintain accurate management and client information on an ongoing basis, in line with client and location protocols.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
Technical Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in an administrative role is essential. Ideally, this would be within a professional services environment
- IT literate with working knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge/previous experience of database systems would be an advantage. Good keyboard skills are also essential.
- Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and flexible. Willing to contribute and support others as part of a team effort
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload effectively
- Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others where appropriate
- Confident oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com