DAC Beachcroft LLP are currently recruiting for an Administration Assistant to join their Real Estate team in Newcastle.
The Administration Assistant will play an integral part of a busy team and will interact daily with the Fee Earners, Legal Secretaries and Secretarial Team Leader in our Real Estate department. They will also have the ability to prioritise workloads, and liaise with other support function to ensure timely delivery
The Administration Assistant will demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and an ability to use their initiative at all times.
The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and a minimum of one years experience in a similar role
About the team
Our non-contentious Construction Team advises house builders, property owners, consultants and contractors on all matters related to the construction of buildings and engineering projects, including negotiating and drafting build contracts and other documents. The team is particularly experienced in advising major house builders on both high-end and affordable residential developments.
Our Real Estate Team covers every aspect of commercial real estate work including planning and environmental, development, investment, asset management, funding, construction, landlord and tenant and dispute resolution. Clients include property management and development companies, health trusts and government bodies (local and central), owner occupiers and institutions, both in the UK and overseas.
The team operates across a number of sectors including: residential development, commercial and investment, retail, renewable energy and infrastructure.
Teams are drawn from our offices across the country (London, Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle and Bristol), ensuring our clients benefit from a combination of the most appropriately experienced team and local market knowledge.
In all cases we provide high quality, commercially orientated advice to clients for whom property is a key asset.
- Dealing with incoming post on a daily basis and delivering the same to relevant fee earners and scanning post onto the relevant electronic file.
- Arranging couriers, recorded and special deliveries.
- Printing, photocopying and scanning of documents and interface with office services in relation to scanning, printing, copying and binding of documents
- File management including electronic filing.
- File opening and closure, following compliance rules and undertaking conflict searches.
- Archiving and scheduling of original documents and deeds.
- Typing of standard letters i.e. payment of invoices, acceptance of events acknowledging receipt of documents, sending out completed documents or documents for execution requests.
- Collating of documents for bundling and printing and collation of engrossments.
- Uploading documents to PDF docs and editing documents using the same.
- Printing of labels e.g. spine labels and front labels for bundles, labels for letters.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, managing tracker schedules
- Managing various inboxes
- Use of Land Registry and Searchflow websites, use of our online signing platform DocuSign
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Dealing with ad-hoc finance tasks e.g. assisting the secretaries with billing and cash collection.
- Maintaining the stationery supplies.
- Help maintain a clean office and clear desk.
- Provide support to the Legal Secretaries with their tasks during the periods whereby there is an absence of a secretary.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required for the performance of your role
The Ideal Candidate
Technical Skills / Experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used software to include Excel and Powerpoint.
- Effective and professional telephone manner.
- A team player and willing to assist and work using own initiative.
- Able to anticipate problems and develop solutions.
- Client focused.
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure remaining calm and focussed.
- Ability to develop self and others and be learning oriented, wanting to learn and seek improvement.
- Accountable and professional.
- Interested in construction/real estate desirable but not essential.
- Constant enthusiastic, can-do and positive approach to tasks and situations as well as requests for action outside normal scope of duties.
- Ability to take personal responsibility, ownership and behave responsibly.
- Friendly, co-operative and approachable at all times.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.