We are currently looking for an Administration Assistant to join our Clinical and Health Care Risk team in Winchester. This role will involve assisting the Paralegal team with all aspects of administration including maintaining accurate management and client information as well as other administrative duties.
The ideal candidate will have admin experience in a previous role and it is desirable that this is within a professional services environment.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9.00-5.00
Clinical and Healthcare Risk is a core part of our business and the leading law firm in this field in the UK. Our teams are based in Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Newcastle and Winchester allowing us to offer truly national coverage to both public and private healthcare clients.
The tasks are varied and involve (however not restricted) to the following:
- Set up new files electronically on the file management system and accounts system, including scanning of papers
- Update electronic master bundles of documents using Zylpha on all current matters for fee earners
- Processing all administration work for the paralegal team.
- Assume responsibility for basic financial administration relating to cases.
- Maintain accurate management and client information on an ongoing basis, in line with client and location protocols.
- Conduct post completion administration, including the archiving of settled files.
- Undertake basic clerical tasks on behalf of the team eg filing, scanning, faxing and photocopying, etc.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols.
- Electronic File History Bundling and sending to costs draftsman using Zylpha and Sharefile.
- Checking incoming post – ensuring on Solcase, named correctly, shown to fee earner Ig applicable) and then put in PG&R file or post cupboard.
- Uploading to client's case management systems.
- Dealing with all instructions to counsel and experts for fee earners.
- Paralegal support for ad hoc duties.
The Ideal Candidate
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent with minimum C grade passes in Maths and English.
- Previous experience in an administrative role is essential. Ideally, this would be within a professional services environment.
- IT literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Knowledge/previous experience of database systems would be an advantage. Good keyboard skills are also essential.
- Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail.
- Enthusiastic and flexible. Willing to contribute and support others as part of a team effort.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload effectively.
- Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others where appropriate.
- Confident oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.