Administration Assistant - Bristol
DAC Beachcroft is looking to appoint an Administration Assistant in Bristol.
You will be responsible for providing first class professional support to a number of Legal Secretaries and fee earners in the Real Estate department. This will include providing Legal Secretaries and Fee Earners with effective, pro-active professional and high quality administrative support that enables them to focus on providing legal services to clients, and Legal Secretaries to provide personal/client management to fee earners. It is a key requirement that the Admin Assistant is able to demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and an ability to use their initiative at all times. You will be an integral part of a busy team and will need to interact daily with the Secretarial Team Leader, Legal Secretaries and fee earners and have the ability to prioritise workloads and liaise with other support functions to ensure timely delivery.
- Printing of emails, attachments, documents and collating hard copy bundles and engrossments
- Scanning, saving and logging of incoming post.
- Organising couriers and arranging for items to be sent via Royal Mail and DX.
- Sending large electronic documents via ShareFile.
- Submitting documents for signature by clients via DocuSign.
- Setting up external client access to data rooms.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets.
- Small volume photocopying and scanning, with delivery/collection of large volume of photocopying and scanning and couriers to Repro team.
- File opening and closure, following compliance rules.
- Typing of standard letters i.e. payment of invoices, acceptance of events.
- Collating and indexing legal documentation, deeds scheduling and deeds management.
- Ensuring any paper filing required is kept up to date.
- Providing support to the Legal Secretaries with their tasks during the periods whereby there is an absence of a secretary.
- Ability to use digital dictation, including checking files prepared via speech recognition.
- Excellent knowledge of the Land Registry Portal.
- Knowledge of Searchflow and the ordering of residential and commercial searches.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required for the performance of your role
The Ideal Candidate
- Good knowledge of Microsoft and other commonly used software.
- Effective and professional telephone manner
- Ability to work either on own initiative or part of team
- Able to anticipate problems and develop solutions
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure remaining calm and focussed
- Ability to develop self and others and be learning oriented, wanting to learn and seek improvement
- Accountable and professional
- Constant enthusiastic, can-do and positive approach to tasks and situations as well as requests for action outside normal scope of duties.
- Ability to take personal responsibility, ownership and behave responsibly
- Friendly, co-operative and approachable at all times.
- A good communicator with individuals of all levels
- Listens carefully and questions to make sure you have all the information you need to take action
- A resilient character with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible and self-motivated.
- Displays discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- A strong team player
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org