Accounts Payable Assistant
We are currently recruiting for a Accounts Payable Assistant to join our Finance team in central Bristol. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year's experience working with an accounts payable or finance department and be used to dealing with large volume workloads and meeting deadlines.
Working hours: 25 hours over 5 days, Monday to Friday, some flexibility on core hours
Working in a rota with other team members to include, but not limited to, the listed tasks:
- Checking, processing and printing cheques daily to all locations
- Checking and preparing disbursements for logging
- Checking and logging petty cash claims
- Logging disbursements as and when required for urgent billing/month end
- Liaise with Partners, fee-earners and secretaries with regard to their queries
- Liaise with Billing team where necessary regarding billing of disbursements and disbursement queries arising out of the billing process
- Stopping cheques at the bank, cancelling and voiding out of date cheques/cheques no longer required
- Make and receive telephone calls to and from suppliers on a variety of queries
- Make updates to the various Databases where necessary (i.e. Elite updates or Vendor Database)
- Running the daily 'Bills Paid' report, involving monitoring part payments made to suppliers and processing payments by BACS and cheque
- Logging foreign currency disbursement invoices
- Foreign currency payments by wire transfer through our currency provider
- Printing, stamping and sorting all incoming post
- Possible involvement with problem solving – aged creditors, statement reconciliations, report reviews etc
- Ad hoc payments by BACS/cheque as and when required
- Ad hoc duties as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
The candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Have experience working in a busy Accounts Payable or Finance dept
- Be used to dealing with large volume workloads and be able to work to strict deadlines
- An ability to communicate effectively and to build strong working relationships with both team members and internal clients
- Ability to respond speedily and accurately to both internal and external customers’ demands in a confident, efficient manner
- IT literate
- Flexibility with regard to hours and travel
- You will need to be accurate and organised with a good eye for detail
- Good level of education or equivalent work experience.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.