Accounts Manager - Manchester
DACBeachcroft has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Manager to join our Employment, Pensions and Immigration (EPI) team on a full-time, permanent, hybrid basis. This role can be based out of either our Leeds or Manchester office.
The Accounts Manager is responsible for ensuring that all billable fees/disbursements are invoiced in accordance with client and Firm protocols, along with all associated tasks pre and post invoicing. This involves working closely with both the EPI team and national finance team to ensure invoices are raised correctly and sent out to the clients in accordance with our Service Level Agreements.
We are a Disability Confident employer and guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, long term health condition or neurodiversity whose application meets the essential criteria for the role. If this applies to you and you feel you meet the minimum criteria for this vacancy as set out in this advert then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence, quoting the reference number for this vacancy in the subject box of your email, and a member of the Recruitment team will be in touch.
- Supporting the EPI team by managing departmental billing processes ensuring that time and/or disbursements are processed in accordance with client protocols, ensuring clients are billed the right amounts at the right time.
- Checking invoices received from our finance team ensuring they have been billed as per the instructions, then forwarding to the relevant clients by email/electronic means in accordance with our Service Level Agreements
- Dealing with invoice-related queries from clients in an efficient and professional manner
- Assisting the team with queries on financial matters such as billed/unbilled time, disbursements, billing and client account balances
- Running periodical Management Information reports
- Liaising with our finance team to resolve account queries
- Ability to handle confidential information in line with the Firm’s data security protocols
- Support and work with the other 2 EPI Account Managers in the team as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Must be highly organised with the ability to effectively manage and prioritise a full workload under pressure and within prescribed timescales
- Able to work unsupervised and on own initiative with a pro-active and flexible approach
- Must have a good eye for detail and excellent numeracy skills
- A good knowledge of Excel
- High standard of written and oral communication skills with the ability to liaise confidently and professionally with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Team oriented with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team/cluster
- Experience of using a case management system preferred
- Experience/understanding of finance systems preferred
- Previous finance/billing experience within a professional services environment is ideal but not essential
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,500 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Central America, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are a broad-based commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health and real estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for all of the UK’s top-ten insurers, we are market leaders in the provision of strategic, commercial and regulatory advice to providers and commissioners in the health sector, and in real estate we advise all of the UK’s top-12 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 142 Chambers UK 2021 practice area and individual lawyer rankings. In Legal 500 UK 2021, the firm received a top tier ranking for 37 of its practice areas, and 58 DACB lawyers were singled out in the ‘Leading Individual' rankings.
Our successes have been recognised by the legal industry and the markets in which we operate. These accolades include two top prizes in the ‘Excellence in Business Development’ and ‘Excellence in Technology & Innovation’ categories of the 2020 Law Society Excellence Awards – the highest accolade for law firms in England & Wales. Our health sector team won the ‘Crisis Management Team of the Year’ award at the 2020 British Legal Awards for its support to the NHS at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and our Cyber & Data Risk team received the ‘Business Development Innovation Award’ at the 2020 Legal Innovation Awards, as well as ‘Cyber Law Firm of the Year’ at the prestigious Insurance Insider Cyber Rankings Awards, for its market-leading suite of digital tools to help our clients prepare for and respond to cyber and data risk crises.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
At DAC Beachcroft, we don’t just accept your differences we celebrate them. From bespoke solutions for our clients, to treating you like an individual. Our strength comes from your diverse ideas and bringing the whole you to work. So if you’re good at what you do, come as you are. We welcome direct applications and are happy to talk flexible working.
We also want you to be at your very best. Please feel free to let us know of any changes we can make at any point in the recruitment process that will help support your application. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Note for Recruitment Agencies – the DAC Beachcroft recruitment team is responsible for managing all current vacancies through direct hiring and referrals wherever possible. We do work with recruitment agencies and where we require external support we will formally release those vacancies to the agencies on our Preferred Supplier List deemed best placed to assist us. Speculative CVs sent by any agency to any DAC Beachcroft employee without a specific request by the recruitment team will not be accepted and with no introduction fee applicable. Our recruitment team can be contacted at email@example.com