Accounts Assistant - Sales Ledger
The Accounts Assistant for Sales Ledger will be responsible for the allocation of client remittances and maintaining SAR compliance.
A typical day will involve anything from high volume processing to liaising with credit controllers and resolving queries.
The Sales Ledger Accounts Assistant role will undertake the following key responsibilities;
• Posting and allocation of TT and BACS Receipts received in Office accounts
• Office Banking and transfer to client account where applicable
• Client to office transfers
• Ensuring that transactions are posted in a timely manner and in accordance with Solicitors Accounts Rules.
• Processing bad debt write offs
• Bill receipts & reversals
• Holiday cover (Dublin & Scotland)
• To undertake any other ad hoc duties as required.
• Handling confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
• Super user / trainer of cash allocation software – RimiliaAlloc8
• Review and update processes and procedures in line with both business, regulation and technology requirements
The Ideal Candidate
The candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes;
• Solicitors Account Rules knowledge (desirable)
• An ability to communicate effectively and to build strong working relationships with both team members and internal clients
• Ability to respond speedily and accurately to both internal and external customers’ demands in a confident, efficient manner.
• IT literate
• Flexibility with regard to hours and travel
• You will need to be accurate and organised with a good eye for detail
• Good level of education or equivalent work experience (looking to obtain The Institute of Legal Cashiers & Administrators Diploma qualification)
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For further details on our work and our culture, please visit www.dacbeachcroft.com.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.